Welcome to the Official Website of BCG Medical
We specialize in surgical positioning drapes with forced-air warming.
Standardization with the Opt-Shield drape in patient positioning can result in a more predictable outcome.
For TRENDELENBURG positioning:
- The surgical patient in robotic-assisted surgery in Trendelenburg position, is at risk of many injuries including nerve/skin injury, falling, and sliding.
- The operating room can be cold and austere to the patient. Cold patients have more bleeding, higher risk of infection, longer wake up time and longer hospital stay
- Patient positioning for surgery is labor-intensive. Lack of standardization can compromise the workflow in surgery and increase stress among staff.
Let BCG MEDICAL’s Opt-Shield with forced-air waming drapes hеlр keep your patient warm, safeguard both patients and ѕtаff while аt thе same time increasing your ease оf performance during critical surgical procedures.
We offer the Opt-Shield™ LITHOTOMY/ TRENDELENBURG, a Comprehensive Patient Positioning Drape with Forced-Air Warming for Trendelenburg in Robotic-assisted surgery to safely secure the patient to the OR table during surgery.
The Opt-Shield drape has been used in over 3,000 cases in Trendelenburg and there has been:
- ZERO sliding during surgery
- ZERO brachial plexus injury post-op
- ZERO skin shearing injury
- Patients were kept clinically warm